Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Inspirations

Yes, I was one of those people who woke up at 5:30 to catch a glimpse of the royal wedding!  How could I miss such an amazing and historic moment?  When I turned it on, Catherine was in the middle of her car ride to Westminster Abby.  She looked so beautiful in the car with her father while waving to the public I couldn't help but become teary.  When she stepped our of the car, I was overwhelmed when I saw her entire dress.  It was simple yet elegant and regal.  I also LOVED her veil!  It gave her entire look a soft touch since it was a silk tool.  Her entire outfit fit her perfectly and accentuated her body in an appropriate and elegant way.  I only wish to look as polished and stunning as she did.  
After watching most of the ceremony and the first kiss (with my students during my first block class, haha) I realized that there are many inspirations from their day that can be subtly incorporated into a "normal" wedding.  First, the readings from the ceremony were traditional but very meaningful.  T and I will be thinking about the most meaningful readings for our ceremony but what Catherine's brother read was heartfelt and fitting to the couple.  
Another inspiration that I hope to incorporate would be the choir that sang the beautiful hymns.  The singing along with the organ gave a very traditional and ethereal feel.  
Call it insignificant, but I also loved how Catherine's father and Prince William held her hand down the aisle.  
One last inspiration that we might implement on our big day will be the mandatory hats and fascinators... 
or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I already bought my fruit bowl ribbon hat! Don't back down on that...it's essential to making your big day memorable.

    PS - you're adorable :)

    ReplyDelete