Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dress decisions...

So, I visited the Bridal Suite again today with my mom, one of my bridesmaids and my flower girl.  It was so much fun having my flower girl (Kay) pretend to be on "Say Yes to the Dress" and dance around in the many flower girl dresses.  She was adorable, as usual, and was a wonderful model who work each dress she tried on.  We had her try taffeta, chiffon and satin.  We all agreed that Kay looked the cutest in a floor length satin, ivory gown with a purple sash that would match the bridesmaids.  The choice is very traditional but I think it makes her even cuter (if she can get any cuter...)!  Kay had so much fun and was ecstatic when the shop girl told her she could stay in the dress for the entire appointment while her mom tried the bridesmaid dresses on.  Kay continued to entertain and crack everyone up with her little witty comments.  


Next, Mary (one of my bridesmaids and one of my 3 future sister-in-laws) tried on the 5 dress options I had chosen earlier this month with my cousin.  All the choices were from Bill Levkoff, satin and eggplant in color.  Mary looked beautiful in each dress while expressing her likes and dislikes (which I was thankful for).  The last dress she tried on was a mix between chiffon and charmeuse and it was a deep plum color... very different from the borderline-maroon eggplant color of the satin.  When she walked out, right away she mentioned how comfortable it was and how much she loved the dress, especially the color.  My mom agreed and said that she loved the color compared to the eggplant.  I knew right away that plum was what I really liked.  Knowing that I could not get any satin dress in plum, I had to made some decisions.  I originally did not want chiffon because I had thought it was too summer-y.  My mom and Mary quickly noted that the fabric gives the dresses a romantic, enchanted feel and that was all they had to say... I was sold because that is totally what I am going for!  Once this idea was planted into my mind, I found every chiffon dress they had and Mary, like a trooper, tried on every dress I wanted (thanks again, Mary!).  Each dress was gorgeous!  


So instead of the satin, eggplant dresses, I am asking my bridesmaids to choose from 12 different styles of Bill Levkoff, chiffon, plum dress.  So far, 3 out of the 6 girls have chosen different styles... we will see what the other 3 choose!  I am so excited about these dresses and truly feel confident that these are the right choices for the girls (fabric, color).  They would, of course, look beautimous in anything they wear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment