Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our song...

We have been deliberating as to which song we should dance to for our First Dance as husband and wife.  At first, it was a no brainer because "You and Me" by the Dave Matthews Band resonated with us as a couple and always gave me butterflies (let a lone tears to my eyes - yes, I am quite the sap!).  The song talks about a whole life together as a couple focusing on each other saying that we can do anything with even a nod to idea of kids (in the future of course)!  Also, this was the song that played before he proposed so it had even more meaning to us.  Worries arose when we thought about the pace of the song.  T was concerned that it might have been too fast for a slow dance but being a veteran dancer myself I tried to reassure him that we could slow our dance to still match the beat of the song.  Knowing he was apprehensive about this, I immediately thought of another Dave song that meant a lot to me and made me think of our relationship.  That song was "Steady as we go."  It is a much slower song with wonderfully beautiful words that make my heart flutter.  After I introduced the song to T, he liked it a lot... the pace, especially.  So we have been at odds about which song to choose until this morning.  We actually practiced dancing to "You and Me" and to our (mostly his) surprise, it worked perfectly!  I showed him how we could slow our pace of dance to match the beat of the song.  We had a moment while dancing as we both realized this is our song.  We even practiced a little twirl that matches the chorus for a  little added flare!  

Even though we have made our choice for certain, we will still make it a point to play our second choice during the reception.  We are elated to have made our choice and cannot wait to make the dance real and embrace each other in  dance for the first time as we are married!

Take a listen to our wedding song!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9CrZODlNA

No comments:

Post a Comment