Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photography

Lately, I have been thinking about photography and what it means to T and me.  I moved photos from my old laptop to another computer and in doing so, I resurrected old images from early in our relationship.  I could not help myself... every folder was being opened and TJ was being called over; "T!  Look at this one!"  45 minutes had passed and we found ourselves reminiscing.  After that, I realized how important photography is.  If it weren't for those photos, we would have forgotten minutiae of events that shaped our relationship.   

Thinking of our wedding day, one of my most important aspects would have to be the photography.  I am very detail oriented and tend to see the minor but poignant features of a photo so finding a photographer who could do the same was extremely important to me.  I know that our day will go by quickly (as many brides have told me) so I want to be able to look back fondly at the entire day through photos and find new interesting things each time we look.  Another request of mine was that the photographer not be traditional but more photo journalistic.  The artistic touch is key and can bring life to a picture while telling a story.  T and I searched high and low for a photographer.  We met photographers we loved and photographers that were best for other couples.  Of course price played a huge part in our choice but we feel that we are going to have a phenomenal photographer for a wonderful price!  We chose Art Work Photography located in Mt. Laurel, NJ and cannot wait to see what they will do in our wedding day.  They are award winning and have been featured in The Knot.  I am not going to lie... I was looking for "award winning."  We have an engagement session soon to get to know the photographer (even though we already had an engagement session with the amazing Mary Hunter <3).  We have yet to choose our engagement session site but we are leaning towards Princeton University since that is where we had our first date. 
Check out the link to Art Work Photography below.  
Here is a sample from their website...

This picture (below) was taken by Mary Hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment