Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Favors...

As I sit here alone with a swollen jaw from a missing wisdom tooth, one thing that cheers me up is blogging so here it is!

T and I have been deliberating about favors for our guests for quite a while.  Originally we wanted to go with caramel apples since they are the quintessential fall treat.  But there were a slew of problems that came with ordering, shipping and storing the delicious treats on a stick.  Also, we were only able to get the apples with peanuts.  Being a teacher, I know people could have allergies and I am not a big fan of my guests going into anaphylaxis at our wedding!  Our next choices we bottle openers and pint glasses engraved with our names and date.  These were great ideas but I wanted something people could nibble on and knew not everyone would appreciate bottle openers and pint glasses.  After those ideas we took a break on brainstorming.

My love for chocolate was still in the back of my mind.  My mom makes Easter chocolate lollipops every year and as I was helping her, she asked if we ever thought of chocolate favors.  I mentioned we were going to look at the famous David Bradley chocolatiers but they were uber expensive!  Then she prompted me to look up fall leaf chocolate molds.  I did and found fantastic maple leaf molds that looked perfect!  We continued to brainstorm and came up with this idea: a chocolate maple leaf in cellophane with a dark purple satin ribbon and a personalized sticker.  PERFECT!  This idea brings things we love and would love to share with our guests: a warm fall theme and chocolate!  We found a site that makes personalized favor stickers and the ones we love have a little tree with our initials carved into it with the date of our wedding.  And since we are leaning towards the chocolate linens, the leaves scattered on the table could really make the tables resemble the fall forest floor (thanks for the brilliant idea, Jane!).  It's amazing how a favor could bring a theme together so nicely.  Check these pictures out... The label plus the leaf with purple ribbon (I know you love my amateur Paint skills).

1 comment:

  1. Ahem, I know a gal or two who could make these labels for you free of charge through internet looting and pillaging. Love the ideas, as usual!

    ReplyDelete