Saturday, April 2, 2011

Developing details and theme...

As the planning continues and the day gets closer (230 days to go!), details seem to be falling into place sporadically.  Discount stores have become my friends along with coupons for my favorite stores.  I have learned quickly that if I see something that could pertain to our theme in any way I need to buy it before it is never to be found again (as my mother has taught me, "You can always return it.").  

The first of many decor purchases was a metal coach that will be used in lieu of a plain white box with a pretty ribbon for gifts.  When I saw this at HomeGoods it felt as if the heavens opened and God said, "This is so you!"  I did not hesitate to purchase it for the incredibly low price, of course after I sent a picture to T to see what he thought.  He loved it as much as I did.  I am so excited because it channels Cinderella's coach (must I reiterate the meaning behind the title of this blog)!  
My fairytale is coming true! Take a look!

Another piece of decor that was discovered on one of my shopping escapades is this metal ampersand from Anthropologie.  No worries: I, of course, used a coupon when I purchased this piece.  I am thinking of putting this on the sweetheart table surrounded with flowers consistent with those used in the centerpieces. 

As for the ring bearers pillows (plural since there will be 2 ring bearers), T's Grandpa, who is an absolutely amazing upholsterer, will be making us very special pillows made from luxurious white damask fabric with rhinestone and tassels accents .  These are very dear to us because of who is making them... T looks up to his Grandpa and to have something made by him with love for us is extremely special to the both of us.  The fabric and embellishments will give the pillows a traditional, regal feel which we are going for.  The fabric below is not exactly what we are choosing but is very close.

I will be blogging about the cake soon but I would like to stay on track by explaining the cake stand.  T and I wanted a tree stump for the cake to sit upon so we have had our eyes out for a stump that would be the correct size.  This, surprisingly, has been a difficult task... until today!  My dad called my mom and asked how big our wedding cake was going to be because he found many stumps in different diameters!!  My dad saved the day and picked a stump made of cherry with a wide diameter which he will carve a special message to us and coat with lacquer to keep in good condition.  This will be another special piece to us that will be displayed for all of our guests to see at our wedding and in our home after the wedding.  We will cherish it forever.  This picture shows what we want the stump to look like... ignore the cake.


I believe the touches of metal and wood will bring a rustic edge to the otherwise traditional decor.  I am being careful to not overdo anything that has to do with our theme and would give that advice to other brides-to-be.  A theme should be apparent but should not exclude pieces that mean something to the two of you.  I have been trying to stay with my theme of a whimsical, romantic forest while adding pieces that will accent and some that just have meaning to us as a couple.  In the end, it is a day to celebrate the love we have for each other so why not add pieces that mean the most to us even if others do not "get it" or understand.  T and I will look back and remember little things that may have been overlooked by our guests but had a special place in our hearts.  I look forward to the day that T and I will make those memories but for now I am having a great time planning with him. <3 

We are so thankful for everyone who is helping us make our wedding day the most wonderful day of our lives.   We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Yay you found the perfect stump! woohoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there a website for the homegoods place that u bought the carriage from? I just love it and would love to get a hold of one!

    ReplyDelete