Thursday, April 7, 2011

Table ideas and more...

As you have seen in a prior post, we are going for an enchanted fall forest theme with our flowers; bright colors, whimsical fiddle heads... 
As for the centerpieces, we have chosen to have high vases with willow branches protruding out of the top.  The willow branches are important to bring the idea of a forest into the room.  We are thinking about having two options for the centerpieces.  Perhaps half of the pieces could have flowers at the top of the vases (like the picture below) and the other half of the pieces could have flowers at the bottom of the vases (second picture). 
We are choosing to have hanging votives from the branches which we hope will give a warm, romantic feel. Candlelight is something that I love and think gives a sense of charm!

I want to add more natural feeling accents to I am thinking about have the table names placed on tree cross sections.  Originally we were going to print table names on natural paper and placed into nice frames.  We will have to look for examples of each to see which choice we like best.  I like the picture below sans butterflies...
I will be talking with our florist/decorator to get her opinions and see what she can do.  I will be updating with what she comes up with.

Linens are the next item up for consideration.  The Heldrich offers black, ivory or chocolate linens to adorn the tables.  We then have our pick of many colors for napkins.  We were originally thinking of ivory linens with dark purple napkins (below). 
However, after looking at pictures from other weddings at the Heldrich I am liking the chocolate linens (below).  It gives the room a warmer feeling than the ivory (if you ask me).  The chairs are a darker brown with leaf details so they seem to match better with the chocolate and I am not a fan of chair covers.  I will be discussing this with T and getting his opinion.

As an aside, I found this photo of an idea T and I are interested in.  Instead of seating cards, we would like to have a scroll with everyone's names and their seating assignments.  This will be in a frame set on an easel behind the guest book we hope all of our guests will sign. 
The guest book will be a photo book made on Shutterfly of our engagement photos adjacent to blank pages for messages and well wishes. 

I cannot wait to see everything come together!

3 comments:

  1. I love the seating idea! Maybe in a pretty wooden frame to go with your nature theme? Such lovely ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chocolate linens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chocolate linens, as well! It will be so warm and cozy for your special day in November!!

    ReplyDelete