Friday, April 22, 2011

Table numbers...

T channeled his inner Lumberjack yesterday.  He used a chainsaw to help cut down trees that had fallen from the storms this month.  While he was cutting the trees, I noticed that we could use them somehow for the wedding.  My wheels began to turn.  I checked the diameter of each piece he cut and thought the size would be perfect for table numbers.  T agreed and cut small cross sections of the trees; 18 to be exact, which will be more than enough and gives me room for error.  I felt as if I were on an Easter egg hunt scrambling to pick up the pieces as T was cutting them!  After the pieces dry out, my dad will help us to Dremel script numbers into the wood pieces.  We will then paint the grooves with a dark paint to make them stand out.  These will go perfectly with the centerpieces and decor in the room.  I also believe this will tie the theme of enchanted forest together even more throughout the space.  Here are the pieces that T cut and will be made into the table numbers...


The type of font I like is from 1001 Free Fonts (thank you Lauren).  It is called Champagne and I think it unites old script with a whimsical twist.  Take a look...

No comments:

Post a Comment