Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hair & fascinators!

After watching many episodes of "Say Yes to The Dress" I have been finding myself focusing on the headpieces and accessories that the consultants pick out for the brides-to-be.  When I picked my dress at Kleinfeld's my consultant, Debbie, chose a beautiful rhinestone headband that matched perfectly with the dress.  However, the headband was a whopping $900.00!  Way too much moolah for my liking.  Since then, I have been on a mission to find something similar that will accent my dress and hairstyle nicely.  My hair will be more than likely up in a very romantic loose style with curls and pull backs.  
Etsy.com has been my very best friend for a while and now it is more so than ever.  I searched for "rhinestone applique headband" and there were many results that sparked my interest.  Here are a few that I loved...

I loved this one because it is subtle and simple with a braided look.  There is no excessive bling but just enough to look elegant.  

This headband is very similar to the one above but it is more scalloped than twisted.  It looks to be embellished with the same types of crystals and beads; both of which I love.  It has the same subtle romantic feel just on a smalled scale.  

This headband is a mix between the two choices above.  The appliques are different sizes which is interesting but I have always been in favor of symmetry... 

This last headband could be beautiful (wish I could see it on a bride) because it resembles the second choice but just doubled up.  This reminds me of a Juliet style headband or even Grecian.  
 All of these headbands have the romantic touch which is exactly the feel I want to have for my headpiece.  When I was younger, I always had the typical princess vision wanting a tiara but now I want a more subtle headpiece.  These choices from Etsy seem to mesh well with the theme that T and I are going for... romantic enchanted forest.  I already feel like a princess who has found her prince so the tiara is not needed.

2 comments:

  1. But look...Cinderella isn't wearing a tiara, she's wearing a headband!

    ReplyDelete