Sunday, June 19, 2011

Excitment...

Since it is now less than 5 months until our special day, it is feeling more real everyday.  The little details are falling into place and the excitement level is rising.  I am finding myself more excited than worried about the minutia that will make the day amazing.  For example, today, after wishing Grandpa Tom a Happy Father's Day, he replied with, "Thank you! Wait I have something for you!"  He showed us the top-secret ring bearer pillow that he made with his own hands!  It is more beautiful than we had imagined!  We cannot wait to see Scotty and Ethan walking down the aisle together holding the pillows which will have our rings laying on top.  The pillows are confidential so you will just have to wait to see them (don't worry, it's only 152 days away...).  

Another thing that I am ecstatic about would be the fact that I have finally chosen what I want engraved on my rings.  T already has his ring engraved with a beautiful Italian phrase that tugs at my heart every time I think about it.  My phrase will begin on my engagement ring and continue on my wedding band.  Each part of the phase is stand alone but when put together (when I wear both rings) the phrase is a perfect fit for us and how I feel with T.  We will be taking my marvelous blings to Gary Michael to be engraved soon during which I will be paranoid about abandoning my beauties for a short time.  

Coming up, the bridesmaids will be choosing their gowns (all different styles but in the same color - plum) and we will be having our engagement shoot with Art Work Photography.  We have chosen to have our shoot at Princeton University (the site of our first date) where there is immaculate Gothic architecture and picturesque scenery.  
This local was a no-brainer and we are excited to see how the shoot goes, how we get along with the photographer and how the pictures come out.  The shoot will be at dusk at the end of July around 6:00 which the photographer told us would be the best lighting (I bow down and release my OCD to the pros).  These photos will be used to create a photo guest book that our guests will sign before entering our reception. 

P.S.: My MOH <3 is coming home soon and I cannot wait!!!  While she is home, there will be dressing picking, fittings, decision making and much needed time together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment