Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First meeting at the church.


Yesterday T and I met with Father Peter who will be our officiant.  We will be meeting with him several times before our wedding day to talk about many different things that have to do with marriage.  Yesterday was an introduction of what is to come in the future months.  He was asking us many questions about our relationship.  I felt nervous at first but then felt at ease because we were simply talking about why we want to marry each other.  It was so nice hearing each other say what we cherished about each other and how we knew we were to be married.  As we were talking with Father Peter, I could not help thinking of our wedding day in St. Peter's church.  I was imagining all of the lights on in the church with Father Peter (dressed to the nines) standing next to my future husband (of course dressed to the tens!).  The feeling is overwhelming and I thought of nothing else... not the flowers or the favors but just the moment that T and I will see each other and proclaim our love to one another in front of our loved ones.  Being with TJ at the alter, above all details, is what I look to the most.  This played out in my mind like a dream sequence and I can only hope that our day will feel as magical, if not more.  The many details have taken my attention over the past months but now I realize the most important part of the day and that everything else is icing on the cake tree themed .  I know I have said this many times before but now, more than ever, I mean it with every part of me... I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment