Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wedding Shadow Box

Yet another Pinterest find... a wedding shadow box!

I love any project that incorporates stationary and memorabilia so this was a perfect idea.  I knew I already saved many things from the wedding that I wanted to make into something but I didn't know what...

A routine trip to HomeGoods lead me to the awesome find of the shadow box from $20.  It was a black, distressed finish complete with a tan material on the inside with pearl push pins.
The wedding invitation was a must along with a few pictures to commemorate the day.  Left-over plum scrapbook paper framed the invite to incorporate the main color of the wedding and to bring it all together.  I snipped off a few buds and blooms from my bouquet along with T's boutonniere to pin as embellishments.   Remembering a few more details that I had made for our special day, I had to add the bell and ribbon wand, and drink stirrer.  I placed the ribbons around the other pieces.  One last addition was our thank you card picture of us holding our thank you boards I made.

It took a little bit of time trying to figure out the best configuration of keepsakes and photographs.  After some time, I finally found the best mix and careful pinned it all down.

T put it up for me in our room and I know remember our special day every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment