Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Infinity Scarves

So, I first saw these crocheted chunky infinity scarves on Pinterest and thought to myself, "I can do that!"  I immediately thought back to when my mom taught me how to crochet.  I remember the first scarf I made for my mom while I was in Organic Chemistry lecture... it was light pink, short, and completely uneven.  When I held it up it, had a beautiful hourglass shape... not necessarily what you want to see in a scarf!  Needless to say I have yet to see the scarf dawned by my mother, but no hard feelings!
I mentioned my thoughts about making this infinity scarf to my mom and she bought a skein of chunky brown yarn called "Barley."  I started the scarf with an N hook.  My mom helped start it for me but after showing me how to double crochet, I was on a roll and did not want to stop!  
Here is the finished product!
 
After making the Barley scarf, I couldn't help but want one in EVERY COLOR!  I ran out and bought "Dallas Gray."  I altered the pattern a bit to make it skinnier and shorter.  Here is what it came to be...
I also made one more in a beautiful chunky off white yarn called "Fleece."  I wear this cream-colored scarf the most since it goes with most outfits/colors.

I was excited to be invited to Katie's 7th birthday and knew exactly what to give her for a gift... a scarf!!  I knew Katie LOVED blue so I chose a gorgeous "Ocean Tide" yarn and crocheted a smaller version of my gray infinity scarf.  I added a cute crocheted lavender rose for a finishing touch (the rose is also a completed and successful Pinterest Project!).  She loved (and rocked) it!


1 comment:

  1. Sure. Gloat. Just remember your MENTOR who wants to learn how to do this!

    ReplyDelete