Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tasting at The Heldrich!

Unlimited Pinot at a beautiful hotel with delicious food = Nicole buzzed!  
We were treated like royalty by our planner and our server at the Heldrich when we arrived for our tasting.  T and I had no idea what to expect: Were we going to be in a huge hall with other couples or were we going to be by ourselves?  To our delight we quickly realized that we were going to be the only couple.  We started with wine tasting (YEAH!).  We chose wines that would be passed during the reception and others that would be at the bars.  In between sips and the server pouring me more delicious Pinot, we chose table linens and figured out the logistics of the night.  The first course came out and we were to choose between 2 salads.  We chose a delicious salad with a yummy veggie tart (SO GOOD!).  More pinot = more tipsy!!  The next course was the entree... all four choices were so incredibly tasty but we had to hold back because our planner mentioned that the cakes were up next!!!  

A week before our tasting, we had to give ideas of cakes and frostings that we wanted to try so we ended up send a lengthy list... this should be no surprise to you since I have a cake addiction and a cupcake business with the lovely Lauren!  

The wonderful server came into the private room with a huge, white, wavy plate full of scrumptious cakes and ramekins with dreamy clouds of frostings!!  Needless to say, this was a dream come true!  I had my loving fiance' beside me, a man bringing me plates full of cake and chocolate and another man refilling my pinot!  Pinch me!  The cakes were out of this world!  I couldn't believe how good the combinations of flavors that we chose complemented each other!  I am not going to share the the flavors just yet but lets just say if you like Java Chip Frappuccinos and cannolis, this cake will be right up your alley (it sure fits T and me VERY well!).  We also talked about the style of cake.  It will be at least 4 tiers with vanilla butter cream (no fondant) and branches going up the cake.  So exciting!

We could not be more happy with the service, food and ambiance that the Heldrich has to offer.  Once the cakes were tasted, the details straightened and my buzz in progress, we were on our way out of the Heldrich ecstatic about our big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment