Friday, July 15, 2011

DIY Part II

Since I posted last, I changed my name to Butter because I am on a roll!  Ok, enough with the corny jokes (and I have more where that came from ;-) ).  When it comes to DIY, I have tried to either make the little details left on my own or add my touch to the pieces that are already completed.  For example, I attempted to place little baby rhinestones onto our invites thinking they would create a bit more interest and texture but after showing them to T, he responded with, "You cannot even see them..."  Enough said.  I agreed and I wasn't going to waste my time and SuperGlue. 

The next victim of my serial DIYing was the program.  We originally wanted a single sheet printed front and back with the ceremony information.  Looking at it again I decided it would look better and more polished if I made a simple folded program that was spaced out rather than crammed onto one sheet.  After looting and pillaging (what I do best), I was able to place the art from our invitations onto the program.  I refined the text and even added a special little saying on the back.  T loved it!  The perfectionista reared her ugly head once again and I was looking for ways to improve the next elegant program.  Bows?  No.  Paper punches?  No.  Rhinestones?  YES!  Who can say no to rhinestones?!  And If you know me, I am never one to turn my back on a tiny sparkly circle that can be applied to anything!  I ventured into my craft bag and picked out my pretty rhinestones I was using to decorate the hair clips I was making a while ago.  A dab of glue, and voila!  A perfectly embellished wedding program fit for our day!  Now if we could only figure out the order of the ceremony...

My most recent accomplishment was achieved today!  Last night I had been up late surfing Etsy (yes, I am addicted) and while searching "weddings" I came across these delightful wooden hangers.  I know what you're thinking, "Oh, no.  She re-discovered her BeDazzler and encrusted the hanger with rhinestones."  Though a great idea, no, that is not what I did.  These hangers were simple but so cute with wire shaped into letters spelling out "bride," "groom," and all sorts of other names.  I was taken aback and could just imagine my dress hanging on the "bride" hanger waiting for me to slip into it and get married to my best friend.  The hanger started at $25.  Showing T the hangers, he agreed that they were pretty nice but then he responded, "Go pick up wire and a hanger and I'll make it for you."  Lightbulb! I can make these myself!  So, of course, today I printed my coupons and made my way to Target and Michael's.  I came back, used one of the templates on Etsy (shhh!) and went to town!  Sometime later, the "bride" hanger was my result!  Ecstatic, I showed T and he liked it a lot!  I then made him a "groom" hanger.  Check them out!
TJ told me that I am impressing him with all of my crafty and creative work these days <3 I have to admit, I am surprising myself :)

2 comments:

  1. wow great job on those hangers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Do you have the link for the template you used? How did you get the wire into the hanger?

    ReplyDelete