Sunday, July 24, 2011

DIY Part III

What is my new project?  Funny you should ask!  I was recently on my most favorite site, Etsy, when I stumbled upon something I just knew I had to make.  They were ribbon wands with bells that are used to send off the bride and groom after the ceremony.  I loved the idea because it incorporates both the sounds from the bells and the look of beautiful streaming satin ribbon.  I Googled pictures of these being used at weddings and loved them!  After seeing the price at which people were selling these wands, I was provoked to research the material prices and figure out whether it was worth buying the wands already made or making them on my own.  

Well, what did you expect... the title of this post is "DIY Part III."  Of course I am going to make them!  

After many trips to many AC Moores and Michael's I have acquired the dowels, perfectly purple & white ribbons and mom has bought the bells.  I will begin assembly this week and will post pictures of the results.  Below is a mock up.  So far I have saved $40 by buying the materials instead of the finished product.  We shall see if this is all worth the work :)


P.S.:  I embellished the once naked "bride" and "groom"  hangers and they could not be any more adorable!  Take a gander!

1 comment:

  1. Did you make the hangers yourself? I want to attempt it, but I'm apprehensive. I guess it's worth a shot. I really like the wands. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete