Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hen Party...

I have been educated in Bride-to-be etiquette in Scotland thanks to my cousin's friend Ashleigh from St. Andrews.  Apparently in other countries, Brides forgo the traditionally American "Bachelorette party."  There is no party with the girls that results in bad decisions, head aches and lost days following the party (due to the activities from the previous night).  Instead, the Scots choose a more subdued (from what I hear) gathering of women involved in the impending wedding.  This is traditionally known as a Hen Party... mirroring the "Stag Party" for the men.

I have already been lucky enough to have a Bachelorette Party thrown for me last month by my beautiful bridesmaids and maid of honor (you can read about it in my earlier post).  However, I have been even more lucky enough to have moms in my life who care about me especially when my other half is enjoying his Bachelor Party.

Tonight, my mom, TJ's mom and step-mom, and I traveled to the beautiful and sentimental city of Princeton to enjoy a lovely Hen Party.  We chose Mediterra which turned out to be an outstanding choice.  The Cosmo was perfection, the dinner was delectable and the dessert was superb (especially the little candle the waitress added to it to celebrate my impending nuptials).  This night meant a lot to me and took my mind off of the Bachelor Party (the intention of the Hen Party). 

I was able to spend quality time with the magnanimous women in my life which means the world to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment